Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Dream for the Future

We made our annual trek to a local living history farm today. We got to try fresh pressed apple juice, watch sorghum syrup being made, and the blacksmith even fashioned a nail and gave it to Bo. We bought the boys each a slingshot, deep fried peanuts and homemade brownies and cookies from a local farmer and his family.

The petting zoo was lots of fun for the boys. Bo was especially taken with the baby chicks. He wanted to keep going back to hold them. Of course Boo's favorite part was the antique tractor show. He did not want to get off of the toy pedal tractor.

The boys had a picnic lunch on the grass while I nursed baby Shater.

The wagon ride to the field was fun. We got to pick up some sweet potatoes, and pick cotton. I'll make a sweet potato pie soon.

There was much more to see. But Boo was tired and ready to go, so we made the long trek back to the truck. Boo fell asleep about halfway home and Bo munched on the deep-fried peanuts shell and all.

The day reminded me of our dream to have a farm. I often day-dream of the day that we will grow our own food, have our own chickens and build our log cabin.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalms 37:4

I take comfort in this verse because I can't lose either way. If God gives us our own farm one day, I will be blessed. If he doesn't, but I'm still delighting in him, then the desire for a farm will be replaced with a new desire placed in my heart by my God who knows and loves me.

No comments: