Thursday, October 25, 2007

Clean Out the Pantry Challenge

I am taking the clean out my pantry challenge from http://mjmuth.blogspot.com/2007/10/pantry-clean-out-challenge.html .

It has been 8 days since I've been grocery shopping. But I do have a freezer full of meat, so I'm not officially entering the contest. Here's my menu:

Day 1

Grilled Sirloin Steaks
Roasted Cajun Potatoes
Black Beans
Salad

Day 2
Meatloaf
English Peas
Creamed Corn
leftover Roasted Cajun Potatoes

Day 3
Baked Chicken
Lentils
Cornbread Dressing (made from leftover cornbread from freezer)

Day 4
leftovers

Day 5
Chicken Stir-Fry Stew
(use leftover chicken) add broccoli, peanuts, carrots, rice

Day 6
Blueberry Pancakes
Turkey Bacon
Frozen Peaches

Day 7
Vegetable Beef Soup
Homemade Bread

I think I'll go back through my pantry and see how many more menus I can make. I'm getting really frustrated with my grocery store spending lately.

No comments: