Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thoughts on Thoughts

Because of God's great love for me, a love that is for my good, he has given me guidelines for the thoughts that should enter into my mind. This verse is very clear about the thoughts that should take up residence in my mind.

For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and loveable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things. Philippians 4:8, Amplified

If any thought enters my mind that is not allowed by the above verse I should immediatley take it captive for Christ.

{Inasmuch as we} refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the {true} knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). II Corinthians 10:5, Amplified

I am to control my thoughts.  My thoughts are not to control me.  The things I let consume my time will ultimately consume my thoughts.  There was a point in my life that T.V. and entertainment controlled much of what was put into my mind.  Books, magazines, and television shows shaped the way I viewed my life, marriage and future plans.  Trying to live up to Hollywood's expectations will make for a sad, miserable person. 

I am so thankful that God in his great love and by his overwhelming grace freed me from the bondage of expectations I had placed on myself when I filled my mind with wordly wisdom.  God is faithful to his word. When I started focusing on his plan for me as a woman revealed through his word, I found unsurpassed peace, joy and contentment.   That is how I can be Settled In My Home.

 Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.
Pslams 37:4, Amplified



No comments: