Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mommy Struggles

Being a mom is hard work.  Being a patient mom to four little ones could possibly be the hardest job on the planet.  I know because I work at that job day after day.  It seems to me that each night as I survey the beautiful mess I purpose to be more patient, give more grace, speak more kindness to each one of my children.  I think back over the day, and consider the moments I may have missed.  There are days I choose to clean instead of stopping to have a tea party, sometimes I read and never make eye contact when the little ones are telling me something, sometimes I can be way to serious, when I just need to smile and laugh and study each face.  The time I have with the little ones entrusted to my care is fleeting. Lately I have let other things take the place of time with the littles.  Lately I have been much too impatient.  Lately I have been showing frustration much to easily.  Even in the midst of the chaos I hear His words.  Will I heed them?

Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?  Romans 2:4

Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 1 Peter 3:4

She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction is one her tongue. Proverbs 31:26

A gentle answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger.  Prov. 15:1

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We all feel that way at one time or another...you are wise to pause and contemplate...to examine...to recalibrate...You are just what those precious ones need...