Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bread, Bread and More Bread

My good friend let me borrow her bread machine for several weeks and I have really enjoyed using it to bake our bread and mix up our pizza dough. I loved it so much that I ordered a bread machine for myself along with a grain mill. I am looking forward to grinding my own grain for a fresher loaf of bread.

I would love to be able to bake bread from scratch without a machine one day, but with three little ones, the convenience of a bread machine can't be beat. I want to learn how to bake sourdough bread using a wild starter as discussed here. There is also an 18 hour bread that I have tried. But Chris wants bread for an occasional sandwhich and this did not work for us. It was very good. It came out looking like a beautiful artisian loaf, but hard to eat peanut butter and banana on that!

I have been making 1 to 2 loaves per week of honey wheat bread. I have also made a couple of whole wheat pizza crusts that have turned out really good.

Still Learning...
Holli

No comments: