Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome New Year...

I awoke on the first day of the year feeling...
excited
hopeful
blessed
I told Chris it was exciting to think of a brand new year before me..
a fresh one with no mistakes in it yet.
He told me to just wait, it wouldn't take long.
And it didn't.
But I'm so thankful that ...
"It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed,
because His tender compassions fail not.
They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23
So this year among the mistakes and the messes,
I long to bask in the grace of His new mercies every morning.
So I want to make this year...
the year of counting His tender mercies Every. Day.

1.  little girls giggling...chasing each other with cold hands
2.  Little Bitty shaking the garbage bag out and trying to put it in the can.
3.  Bo's excitement over starting his own quiet time...he told me reading his Bible has helped throughout his day.
4.  Boo telling me how much he wants Jesus in his heart.
5.  Little girls flying high in the swing...hair blowing in the breeze...full of giggles
6.  A week at home with Him...dreaming...looking...loving
7.  Laying on the couch with Him...feeling his heartbeat...breathing him in...feeling his arms around me.
8.  the gray in his beard
9.  Seeing a teenage son put his arms around his mom in a parking lot and giving her a hug.
10.  Listening to Little Bitty sing "There's No God Like Tekola" (Jehovah) on the way home from church.
11. Cruising the back roads with Him looking for a few acres to call our own.
12.  Gathering with family...eating...sharing...laughing...loving
 

2 comments:

Heather Johnson said...

You express yourself so well! I get excited when I see that you have posted something new :)

Amanda said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading these list.

really so:)