Monday, June 27, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...hot sun shining...storm clouds brewing...wind picking up

I am thinking...about the homeschool conference I attended last week...the encouragement I received...the ideas I want to try. 

I am thankful...for the smell of rain

From the learning rooms...a new "caught being good" jar...I need to encourage more...to notice the good...instead of always pointing out faults...so when I notice the littles exhibiting character they get to add their name to the jar...earning surprises

In the kitchen...yummy new peanut butter fudge...on the healthy side...blueberry picking...freezing...jam...garden veggies cooked the old fashioned way...fried

I am wearing...skirt...blue top

I am creating...an atmosphere of joyful learning

I am going...to spend thirty minutes cleaning house before doing some school with the littles

I am wondering...if I will get a good nights sleep tonight

I am reading... Child Training Tips by Reb Bradley...When Children Love to Learn, Elaine Cooper...Learning All The Time, John Holt...One Thousand Gifts, Ann Voskamp

I am hoping...to begin a personal nature journal soon...with poetry...sketches...watercolor...a little mother culture added to my days...what better way to inspire the littles...be an example

I am looking forward to...Chris being off of work next week

I am hearing...Little Bitty singing along with Signing Time as she rests on the couch

Around the house...new chicks hatching...Chris patching the roof with shingles...grass growing high

I am pondering...how to use Ambleside Online...along with more unschooling...letting the littles take more of a lead in their learning...Bo is really fascinated with so much...he could learn so much from his passions...but he does love the Ambleside Selections...and so do I...having trouble wrapping my mind around how to fit it all in.

One of my favorite things...new books on the shelf...just waiting to be read

A few plans for the rest of the week:
  •  Taking the littles to the library reading program
  • Digging the potatoes from our garden
  • Picking some more yummy blueberries
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
...at the blueberry patch...

More about the daybook


2 comments:

Carissa Anne said...

Thank you for sharing your day, your thoughts.

Such a sweet family.
carissa

Nicole said...

I just don't know how you do it all. I would love to figure out how to fit half of what you do into our day! Now that our newest little guy is finally home (he was 10 weeks early and spent 8 weeks in the NICU) I couldn't imagine adding one more and do all you do!! And with such patience! You truly are an amazing woman and mother!!