Sunday, January 13, 2008

Gifts and Time Alone

41. Jeb's tummy shaking laughter
42. Jeb and Chris skipping rocks in the creek.
43. Time alone in the quietness of the morning
44. God's word piercing my heart.
45. Watching the boys play on the apple tree that was blown over during the storm.

I have decided that in order to have a smoother day, I must get up by 5:00. I tried it this morning and I must say the few minutes with Chris and Christ were very refreshing. Lora usually gets restless between 4:45 and 5:30 and I usually try to settle her back down and sleep a few more minutes, but its never good sleep anyway. So I've decided to quit fighting it and get up! I read a very inspirational post about it yesterday here.

I read Psalms 113 this morning using the ideas I found here. I also finished my Prayer Cards for the year yesterday and begin using them this morning. As I read Psalms 113 I was reminded of the theme verse for this blog.

"He settles the barren woman
in her home,
as the happy mother of children.
Praise the Lord!"

The word happy jumped out at me today. Some versions use the word joyful. The truth is I haven't seemed very happy with my children lately. I am happy, but I'm afraid that the frustrations and exasperation of having a 3 year old, 2 year old and an infant have gotten the better of me. That's why I needed this time alone this morning. When your 3 year old asks you why your looking at him like that a couple times a day, its time to check up. That's what I did this morning! I checked up!

I want a servant's heart toward my children. I want to love them with Christ's love. I want to be patient with them because God is patient with me. I want to delight in them because God delights in me. I want to lovingly guide them because God lovingly guides me. I am depending on you today God because I can't do it on my own.

No comments: