Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Life Giving Words...


"As is the mother, so is the daughter."
Ezekiel 16:44

I open the bible study book with sleepy eyes.  I am jolted awake by the above words.
I had not remembered these words....but they are tucked away...like a nugget of gold waiting to be found.
His word is alive with words I need to hear, but I am almost too frightened to consider them.
These words come on the back of his dealings with me about an angry spirit.
Not outbursts of anger but....the spirit of anger during difficult moments of the everyday.
I was beginning to see the my girlies displaying a little too much anger in their interactions.
Why where they acting so irritated with one another?
He whispered some thoughts to me during a bible study one morning.
 
"I the Lord will instruct you and counsel you in the way you should go, I will counsel you with my eye upon you. " Psalms 32:8

I have a tendency to push little ones away when they are being especially trying He counseled me to pick them up and model gentleness and love.
I have been convicted for awhile to watch the tone of our interactions...any hint of an angry spirit...do not allow it to manifest.
Now I see why... I am teaching my little ones that an angry spirit in time of difficulty is acceptable and it really isn't...but they don't realize that...when they see it often.
His word confirmed why I might have been seeing a little more anger than I thought acceptable in the interactions of the girls especially.
"As is the mother, so is the daughter."
 
"To be a mother is difficult and dangerous but no one can replace her. Will women never see how important they are? Their power of doing good and doing harm is beyond measure and it is done in private where no one can stop them,but themselves." Florida Scott-Maxwell





No comments: