Thursday, April 1, 2010

Outdoor Nature Hour #10






Today is absolutely beautiful!  It is very warm, pushing 80.  That is perfect for me!  The only thing that dampens my spirits is springtime allergies.  They are definately not as bad as they used to be, but they are still bothersome.

I thought today would be a perfect day for Outdoor Nature Hour Challenge 10.  The challenge consisted of a picnic and using our senses to experience nature around us.  We had PB&J and chocolate milk.  This is usual for lunch.  We all love this.  We are on our last jar of homemade jam.  I am looking forward to strawberry season so I can make some more. 

During our picnic we saw:
bumblebees
blue skies
henbit
bluets
wild onions
potatos sprouts pushing up the soil

we heard
a rooster crow
a hen cackle
a bee buzzing
a bird singing

we felt
the warm breeze
the warm sunshine
grass tickling our toes



No comments: