Friday, August 8, 2008

101 Reasons to Breastfeed

My nursling will soon have been nursing for 13 months. I am so thankful we have made it this far with only a couple bumps in the road.

For anyone who needs more convincing that breastfeeding is the absolute best for your children check out these 101 reasons to breastfeed.

Here are my top reasons for breastfeeding:

3. No getting up in the middle of the night worrying with bottles and mixing and warming milk.

2. Take a look at formula cans: Closest formula to breast milk, Contains _________, like breast milk. Why give my baby formula that researchers are trying desperately to pattern after breast milk when I can give her the real thing?

1. Because breastfeeding is the way our very wise, loving and all-knowing God intended babies to be fed.


Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother's breast.
1Thessalonians 2:7
But we proved to be gentle among you, as a nursing mother tenderly cares for her own children.
1Peter 2:1-3
Enjoy your nurslings...
Holli

No comments: