Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Everything

I have to admit that I have become increasingly upset with myself lately at my impatience and low frustration level that I have with my precious children. This is something that I have to change now!

It is unacceptable, because Christ is soooo very patient with me throughout all of my mistakes and disobedience. I still suffer discipline for my disobedience, when I harden my heart, but Christ still disciplines out of love for my good and his glory. He is more concerned with conforming me to the image of Christ, than my physical comfort.

So this morning I went straight to the source of truth on the matter: God's unchanging Word.
I found this treasure and cried out to him for help.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness
through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
Through these he has given us very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires." 2 Peter 1:3-4

This verse lets me know right away living a life of godliness only comes through Christ's divine power. I cannot wake in the morning and be prepared to be a godly wife and mother through my own strength. According to God's Word, when I am weak, then I am strong (2Corinthians 12:10) There is just something about God, he loves to make himself strong on behalf of the weak.

Father God
You know me! You know that I need you to shed your love abroad in my heart for Chris, Bo, Boo and Shater. I have not been a very joyful mother lately. Forgive me and strengthen me through your power to minister to them. Give me a servant's heart. Just as Christ humbled himself and served his disciples by washing their feet; let me serve in this home because you have called me to the task. You are faithful! You are strong! I am not! I need You! Work through me today!
Still Learning...
Holli

No comments: