Friday, July 15, 2011

Being An Encouragement...

We have a jar...


You wouldn't know it by their excitement, but it is more for me than for them...


It's my reminder to look and find the praiseworthy in the midst of our day...


Because everyday I need to say more than Don't do that or No or Stop That...

So I notice LouLou holding the door open for everyone...I notice Bo asking if he can help his little sister...I notice Little Bitty seeing a dirty sock and taking it to the clothes basket...I notice Boo picking the vegetables without being asked...I guess I've always noticed...but now they hear me say...


Thank you
I'm so glad you chose to consider someones interests ahead of your own
I'm so proud, you just showed initiative
You may put your name in the jar...
And then I see the smiles...

And once a week during family time with daddy we talk about a character trait...
Then...its time for the bucket of prizes...little inexpensive prizes...but what fun if you have your name in the jar.
Because the littles need to not grow weary in their well doing...

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  Galatians 6:9

1 comment:

Carissa Anne said...

What a wonderful idea!!! i had a kindness can that had treats in it, they were able to choose from if they showed an act of kindness, but I like the name thing and family time with treats once a week better!

How sweet!

Thank you for sharing.