Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Strawberry Pickin' Time

Friday the littles and I took a trip to a friend's strawberry patch.  My grandmother came along to hold our newest addition.  We were able to pick 10 gallons of strawberries before the rain.  Here are a few pictures...
Miss LouLou was keeping a watch on the storm clouds that were brewing.  She felt like it was her responsibility to instruct mommy to pick faster...fill my basket up to the top mommy...hurry mommy...it's about to rain...make my basket heavy with berries mommy...here is one for my basket mommy...all of this encouragement for me...yet she only picked about two berries the entire time:-)
and of course Little Bitty ate all of the strawberries she picked
Bo was a great helper...He picked about three gallons for me.
Boo was a great helper too...He picked about three gallons also.
Now we have 12 pints of jam and 6 quarts of berries in the freezer...
We ate one gallon and gave four gallons away...
Next up...blackberries

No comments: