Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"I'm following your steps mommy"...

During a short walk down the road with the littles today, barefoot Bo begins walking closely behind me. "I'm following your steps mommy, I'm even stepping on the hard rocks like you."

Inside I wince. Please don't follow me. I haven't been the best person to be following . Selfish impatience seems to get the better of me. Reacting too hastily to little ones mistakes seems to explain my parenting techniques as of late. As I think back over the situations I've been called to handle lately, it seems I've made a mess of each one.

I can't proclaim with the confidence of Paul in 1 Corinthians 11:1, "Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ." I need to practice more living in the spirit. I long for spirit living that makes a difference in my moments. Choosing to live each moment so that Christ is clearly seen in my life.

So that when one of the littles proclaim, "I'm following you." I can say, "Carry on sweet one, because I am following another far greater than I."

Holli

No comments: