Friday, August 21, 2009

Our Circle Time

I have been trying to implement a form of circle time for some time now. I have never been very structured in my line for this time together. Just picking up the Bible and reading a quick passage and praying together. Since Bo has started his Kindergarten year, I have written out plans for our weekly circle times.

Each week our circle time begins with a new chapter of the Jesus Storybook Bible. I highly recommend this resource for teaching your children that Christ is the central figure in God's word.

We also have Psalm of the day, Proverb of the day and the corresponding scripture from the Jesus Storybook.

Most days, we open our circle time with praise and worship. I have also added artist study, poetry and ASL and Spanish practice to our time together.

We always close with prayer requests and a prayer.

Fridays are special circle time days when we try to focus on missions.
We are reading from The Adventures of Missionary Heroism. We also read about modern day missionaries from Samaritan's Purse prayer guide.


Some things I want to implement:
calendar, weather graphing, news of the day

want more circle time ideas...visit here

Holli

No comments: