Monday, January 5, 2009

Mommy Homework

As I prepare to homeschool my children there are several books that I want to read and reflect upon. So with the new year here, I thought I would make a schedule and begin reading a chapter per day from several books.

Raising Godly Tomatoes by L. Elizabeth Kruegar
This book is a must read for all moms, especially moms of little ones. I haven't read the book yet, but the website had been full of useful information. This book has the potential to be the best child training book I have ever read. I am very anxious to get started reading this. The website has affirmed a lot of things I have been trying to accomplish with my little ones (first time obedience, coming when called, obeying joyfully, etc.). Training them when they are young will make homeschooling run much more smoothly.

Home Education volume 1 of Charlotte Mason's Original Homeschooling Series
I have read this before, but it is good to keep fresh on my mind. The Yahoo Ambleside Yr 0 group is reading and discussing this book beginning this week. Here is it online!

Drawing With Children by Mona Brooks
I want to read this and brush up on my almost non-existent drawing skills. I plan on learning how to draw right along with the little ones.

Pocketful of Pinecones by Karen Andreola
This is a great fiction book about a homeschooling mother who does nature study with her children. We love God's beautiful creation and I wanted some fresh inspiration for nature study!

Honey for a Child's Heart by Gladys Hunt
This is a book about importance of reading books to your children. Another one I've been hoping to read for awhile.

I'll be taking lots of notes and maybe a few blog posts about what I am learning.

Holli

No comments: